How to Enable Google 2FA
Log in to your Binance account. Go to the account center and click 【enable】 in the Google Authentication section.
You will be directed to the “Enable Google Authentication” page. Below is a guide to help you enable Google Authenticator to improve your Binance account security.
Step 1: Install Google Authenticator
Download and install the Google Authenticator in App Store (for iOS) or Google Play (for Android). After installation, click 【Next】to proceed further.
Step 2: Scan QR Code with your Google Authenticator app
A QR code and 16-digit key will be shown on the page. Open your Google Authenticator app, click the symbol【+】on the top right-hand side to scan the QR code, or you can manually enter the '2FA 16-digit key.'
Step 3: Save the Backup key
Make sure to save the 16-digit key, which can be used to re-bind your account in case you no longer have access to your previous Google Authenticator.
Step 4: Enable Google Authentication
Coming back to the Binance page, you will need to fill in your login password and the Google Authentication code. In addition, an SMS Authentication Code is required if SMS 2FA is enabled.
Q & A
Q: How do I resolve a "binding failed" issue?
- Ensure that the “Google Authenticator” app is installed.
- Synchronize the time on your mobile phone and computer.
- Ensure the password and 2FA code are correct.
- Ensure the date/time setting in your mobile phone is set to “automatic”.
You may refer to the following screenshots to change the settings in your phone.
Q: How do I re-enable Google Authenicator if I no longer have access to my previously installed Google Authenticator app？
If you have stored the 16-digit code which was generated when you enabled the Google Authenticator for the first time, you can re-enable your Google Authenticator by adding the key to the App manually.
If you haven't stored the backup key, you can choose to reset your Google Authenticator (2FA) directly on our website. Kindly refer to the following reference link for How to Reset Google 2FA.
Q: What can I do if the page shows “2FA code error”?
- Synchronize the time on your mobile phone (to synchronize your Google Authenticator app) and your computer (from which you attempt to login).
- Browse the Binance Login page (www.binance.com) using incognito mode on the Google Chrome web browser.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Try to login from our dedicated mobile app.
If none of the suggested steps above solve your problem, then we suggest you to initiate the resetting process of your Google Authenticator: How to reset Google 2FA.